Background Image for Header:
Copies and Reproductions
Whether you visit the WVRHC to see the exhibits, conduct genealogical research, or search through our many collections of historical documents and artifacts, the Center is free and open to all for basic use. While most of our services are free, we do charge fees for some services, including making copies and high quality reproductions.
- Copies from books, periodicals, and microfilm in the main reading room cost $0.10 per page.
For archives and manuscripts, photographs, and other materials restricted to use
in Stealey Manuscripts Reading Room, ask a staff member to make copies for
- Copies made by staff members cost $0.25 per page.
- Some materials may be too fragile to copy.
- The WVRHC reserves the right to limit the number of copies provided per patron to 50 per day.
- Copies are available in black and white only. For color copies, you may scan or photograph materials or request a reproduction.
- All fees for making copies should be paid at the WVRHC Registration Desk.
- You can use our copy machine to scan books and periodicals in the main reading room to your email.
- Our digital microfilm readers/scanners allow you to scan to email or USB drive.
There is no charge to scan materials, and you do not need a copy card to make scans.
You can photograph materials at the discretion of the WVRHC staff once you read and complete the Camera Use Policy Form.
Scans, photocopies, and photographs of our collections may only be used for private study and research as a substitute for taking notes. They may not be used for publication, exhibition, or any other public purpose without the express written permission from a curator of the WVRHC or the Dean of WVU Libraries.
None of our original materials are available for sale. We can provide high quality reproductions of almost anything in our collections, including photographs, rare materials, and audiovisual materials. Please see Reproduction & Use Fees for associated charges. Forms may be submitted online or via mail.
Request a reproduction by filling out the appropriate form:
- Image Reproduction Order Form for Images from West Virginia History OnView
- Image Reproduction Order Form for Reproductions of Maps, Manuscripts, and Other Images
- Sound Recordings and Motion Pictures Reproduction Request Form
For reproductions of oversize materials, such as architectural drawings or maps, please contact Lemley Mullett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-293-2815