Background Image for Header:
Copies and Reproductions
Whether you visit the WVRHC to see the exhibits, conduct genealogical research, or search through our many collections of historical documents and artifacts, the Center is free and open to all for basic use. While most of our services are free, we do charge fees for some services, including high quality reproductions.
- Please use the photocopier in the microfilm room for copies from books and periodicals
- The copier is also capable of doing scans
- Our digital microfilm readers/scanners allow you to scan to email or USB drive.
- Scans will be completed at the end of a researcher's visit. Please use flags provided in the manuscripts reading room to mark what materials you would like scanned.
- All scanned materials are subject to the WVRHC Conditions for Duplication
Photography is permitted for unrestricted collections. Photo policies are laid out in our Registration and Camera form, which all users must agree to prior to using any collections.
Scans, photocopies, and photographs of our collections may only be used for private study and research as a substitute for taking notes. They may not be used for publication, exhibition, or any other public purpose without the express written permission from a curator of the WVRHC or the Dean of WVU Libraries.
Staff at the WVRHC are able to digitize certain items on request. We can provide high quality reproductions of slides and negatives, photographs, documents, oversized documents, books, audio cassettes, vinyl records (33 1/3 and 45 RPM), microcassettes, and VHS and VHS-C tapes in our collections, rights permitting. Unsupported formats may be digitized by an external vendor for an additional cost
To request new digitization of items, please complete a reference request. To request a high resolution digital reproduction of existing digitized material from West Virginia History OnView, the Oral History Collection, the Folk Music Collection, or another one of our digital collections, use the digital collections request form.
Please see the Reproduction and Use Fees page for associated charges.