Background Image for Header:
Copies and Reproductions
Whether you visit the WVRHC to see the exhibits, conduct genealogical research, or search through our many collections of historical documents and artifacts, the Center is free and open to all for basic use. While most of our services are free, we do charge fees for some services, including high quality reproductions.
- Please use the photocopier in the microfilm room for copies from books and periodicals
- The copier is also capable of doing scans
- Our digital microfilm readers/scanners allow you to scan to email or USB drive.
- Scans will be completed at the end of a researcher's visit. Please use flags provided in the manuscripts reading room to mark what materials you would like scanned.
- All scanned materials are subject to the WVRHC Conditions for Duplication
Photography is permitted for unrestricted collections. Photo policies are laid out in our Registration and Camera form, which all users must agree to prior to using any collections.
Scans, photocopies, and photographs of our collections may only be used for private study and research as a substitute for taking notes. They may not be used for publication, exhibition, or any other public purpose without the express written permission from a curator of the WVRHC or the Dean of WVU Libraries.
None of our original materials are available for sale. We can provide high quality reproductions of almost anything in our collections, including photographs, rare materials, and audiovisual materials. Please see Reproduction & Use Fees for associated charges. Forms may be submitted online or via mail.
Request a reproduction by filling out the appropriate form:
- Image Reproduction Order Form for Images from West Virginia History OnView
- Image Reproduction Order Form for Reproductions of Maps, Manuscripts, and Other Images
- Sound Recordings and Motion Pictures Reproduction Request Form
For reproductions of oversize materials, such as architectural drawings or maps, please contact Lemley Mullett at email@example.com or 304-293-2815