Background Image for Header:
Duplication of Materials
The duplication of materials in the West Virginia & Regional History Center (WVRHC) is subject to the following conditions:
- Duplication is permitted for the purpose of private study and research only in lieu of researchers taking notes. Duplicates may not be used for publication, exhibition, or any other public purpose without the express written permission of the WVRHC. Such permission may be granted only by a curator of the WVRHC or by the Dean of WVU Libraries.
- Some materials in the WVRHC are protected by copyright laws and other restrictions. The researcher assumes all responsibility for possible infringement of copyright and/or other literary, artistic, property or privacy rights in the act of copying or in the subsequent use of the materials copied.
- Permission will be granted to reproduce only portions of manuscript or archival collections. The reproduction of any collection in its entirety is prohibited.
- Any publication, exhibition, or other public use of materials reproduced must properly credit the source from which a copy is made. The basic credit line is “West Virginia and Regional History Center, West Virginia University Libraries.” For archives and manuscripts, the credit line should include the full name of the A&M collection.
- The right to publish duplicates of materials held in the WVRHC is granted on a one-time basis. Any further reproduction is prohibited without the express written permission of the WVRHC. In authorizing the publication of materials, the WVRHC does not surrender its own right to publish the materials, or to grant permission to others to do so.
- Researchers are not permitted to make their own copies of archives and manuscripts, maps,
photographs, rare books, and recordings. Staff members will perform such service for which a
fee will be charged. To order copies,
users should read about our policies, forms, and fees, or may inquire at the reference desk .
- Researchers are permitted to photograph unrestricted materials in the WVRHC at the discretion of the WVRHC. Our camera use policy is outlined in our registration form.
- The WVRHC reserves the right to limit the number of photocopies provided per day to 50 per researcher. The WVRHC reserves the right to offer low resolution scans of large orders in lieu of photocopying. The WVRHC reserves the right to prohibit the duplication of restricted collections and fragile materials.