Background Image for Header:
Book an Appointment
- Appointments are now recommended for Archives and Manuscripts materials, as well as
our Oral Histories, Folk Music, Printed Ephemera, and physical newspaper collections.
- If you have questions, plan to request digital materials, or are unable to visit the WVRHC in person, fill out our Remote Reference and Research Request form.
- It is strongly encouraged that patrons make reservations at least two business days in advance, but we will accommodate walk-in appointments as space allows and welcome any visitors.
- A maximum of 10 items can be requested in advance. All other requests can be made during your visit.
- No appointment is necessary for our microfilm collection or reference books
To book an appointment, first fill out our
Patron Registration form,
if you have not registered before. Then, select an
open date and time in the seat booking system below -- be sure to
click "Submit Times" at the bottom of the page. While you will receive
an automatic reply saying that your appointment request has been
submitted, your booking will not be set
until you've received an email from our reference staff. Read more
about our new
appointments policy on the seat booking page.