Background Image for Header:
Book an Appointment
- Appointments are now required for Archives and Manuscripts materials, as well as
our Oral Histories, Folk Music, Printed Ephemera, and physical newspaper collections.
Reservations must be made at least two business days in advance. If you want an appointment on Monday, please book and confirm your requested material no later than the Thursday before.
- A maximum of 10 items can be requested in advance. All other requests can be made during your visit.
- Instead of pulling materials on demand, we will now pull requested material once
an hour. 10 items may be used per hour.
- No appointment necessary for our microfilm collection or reference books
- We will accommodate walk-in patrons as space allows.
To book an appointment, first fill out our Patron Registration form, if you have not registered before. Then, select an open date and time in the seat booking system below -- be sure to click "Submit Times" at the bottom of the page. While you will receive an automatic reply saying that your appointment request has been submitted, your booking will not be set until you've received an email from our reference staff. Read more about our new appointments policy on the seat booking page.